To be eligible for Captain Smart Connect scheme, an individual:
- Must be a resident of Punjab
- Must belong to the age group of 18-35 years
- Must have passed Class 10th
- Must have a household income less than INR 6 lakhs a year
CAPTAIN SMART CONNECT SCHEME
Captain Amarinder Singh’s landmark initiative to
- Digitally connect the youth of Punjab by equipping them with a smartphone and internet
- Empower them so they themselves can explore more opportunities, and
- Enable them to connect to the world.
***The specifications given are for illustrative purposes only. Actual model may vary in colour, version, and specifications, but will only be an improvement over the mentioned features***
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is eligible for this smartphone?
All 10th pass individuals between 18 to 35 years of age on July 1, 2017 having residence in Punjab and a household income of not more than INR 6 lakhs are eligible to receive the smartphone under “Captain Smart Connect Scheme”.
Where can I register for the smartphone?
Registrations are possible only on the website. There is no other mode of registration. Please visit www.CaptainSmartConnect.com
Why should I register on this website?
The phones will be given on a first come first served basis. Once Captain forms the government, only those people who have registered on the website will receive the smartphone along with one year of free calling and 3G data.
What to expect on the website?
- Once on the website, fill in your particulars
- Click the Register Now button to receive an OTP (one-time password) on your registered mobile number
- Enter this OTP code in the given space and click on submit
- Receive your receipt with code on SMS and through email and keep it with yourself. Once the scheme rolls out you will be required to produce this receipt and a valid ID card to receive your smartphone.
How will I receive my smartphone?
There will be an official notification by the government in newspapers, and you will also receive messages on your registered mobile number and email ID with directions on when and where to claim your smartphone. Please bring your receipt with code & ID proof along with you when claiming the smartphone.
When will I receive my smartphone?
The disbursement of the smartphone with voice and data pack will begin in the first 100 days of Captain’s government. The official notification for the same will be issued in the newspapers, as well on your registered phone number and email ID. Only those who have registered on the website will be entitled to receive the phone.
My brother and I share our phone; how can we register for this program?
Both of you can register from the same phone number. Upto 5 OTPs can be generated from a single phone, so you can help upto 5 of your friends apply for the smartphone. However, it is recommended that you use your own personal number.
Can I apply for multiple phone?
No. Even if you acquire multiple codes, you will be eligible to receive only one phone. You must furnish proof of your identity through a valid ID card when you claim your phone and also produce the receipt with the code.